Phone: (905) 737-0595
Fax: (905) 737-7538
Please contact our Systems Administrator, Ram Amaedi to inquire about how to set up your office computer for secure PACS access.
PACS Access - Centricity Web
X-Ray Associates is pleased to offer referring physicians the option of direct review of digital images in their own offices.
- Q1. What is Centricity Web?
- Centricity Web is a web-based system for viewing our medical images over the Internet. Using Internet Explorer, a physician has secure access to any patient's examination performed at our clinics.
- Q2. What are the Computer Requirements?
- Broadband Internet connection – either DSL or Cable
- Windows Operating System (XP, Vista or 7, 8 or 10)
- Only Internet Explorer 11 or below are supported. All other web browsers are not supported.
- Centricity Web DOES NOT RUN on Mac OS.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 and 24 bit (Truecolor) colour depth.
- Q3. What if I'm connecting from a single PC from an external office?
X-RAY STEP 1 - Connect to Cisco's' Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Communicating with a Cisco Easy VPN server, creates a secure connection over the Internet. Through this connection you can access X-Ray Associates' private network as if you were an on-site user.
Required Internet Settings
- Log into your computer as the Administrator.
- Ensure you are connected to the Internet.
- Open Internet Explorer. Make sure you are running Internet Explorer 8.0 or below by going to Help at the top of the screen and selecting 'About Internet Explorer'. Close box by clicking OK.
- At the top of your screen, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Custom Level and set Security Level for this Zone to MEDIUM and hit OK.
Step 1: Installing VPN Client
- Please go to the following web address: https://18.104.22.168. Please use the login and password that was provided to you by X-Ray Associates.
- Once you have successfully logged into the website. Please click on the “Start Anyconnect” link to begin installation of the VPN connection that is necessary to access X-Ray Associates’ PACS Network.
Figure 1: Click on Start AnyConnect link to begin VPN connection.
- If you are connecting to the VPN for the first time, you will begin the installation of the VPN client.
Figure 2: The VPN client will be installed automatically
- You may have to click on Windows 7 User Access Control to allow the installation to continue.
- After the automatic installation is finished, you should see a two blue cubes with a “lock” icon at the bottom right hand corner of your screen. You have successfully logged into the X-Ray Associates’ PACS Network.
Figure 3: VPN connection icon established. Image circled in red
- Once you have installed the VPN Anyconnect client on your PC, you use this guide to connect to the VPN afterwards. But if you are using a new computer that does not have the VPN client previously installed, please follow step 1 from beginning.
Step 2: Logging into PACS
- Please go to the following web address: https://10.1.0.19/ami and click on the link “Start Centricity Web”.
- Click on the top banner to install all Active-X controls for all users. You will be prompted to do this five times.
- Use the login and password that was provided to you. The login and password are case-sensitive.
- First time users will be asked to enter a new password.
- When you are finished using the Centricity Web and you wish to disconnect from VPN, simply right click on the VPN icon shown in figure 3 in the lower right hand corner of your screen and select disconnect. The picture of the key will then disappear.
- If you wish to reconnect to the VPN and Centricity Web, simply begin step one again.
X-RAY STEP 2 - Connect to Centricity Web
- You can now open Internet Explorer again and enter the following web address: https://10.1.0.19/amI. Save this address as X-RAY STEP 2 in your Favorites. Another option is to simply click the XRAY STEP 2 button in the left column to connect you to Cweb.
- You will then login to Cweb with the personal username and password provided to you by our Systems Administrator.
- When you are finished using the Centricity Web and you wish to disconnect from VPN, simply right click on the small key in the lower right hand corner of your screen and select disconnect. The picture of the key will then disappear.
- If you wish to reconnect to the VPN and Centricity Web, simply begin at step 7 or clicking on X-Ray Step 1 button to the left.
- Q4. What if I'm connecting from a hospital or through a hospital network?
- Please contact the hospital IT department for support for downloading Active X as you may require further permissions for downloading.
- Q5. What if I'm connecting from an external physician's office and have already connected to Mackenzie Health Hospital's Centricity Web from the same computer?
- Active X controls have already been downloaded in order to use Mackenzie Health Hospital's Centricity Web so they do not need to be downloaded again.
For security reasons, there is a 2 hour auto logout in the system for VPN access and 1 hour logout for Centricity Web access. For your convenience, 'split tunneling' feature allows one to connect to Internet while connected to our VPN tunnel.
Important Security Reassurance from GE Healthcare:
Users needs to lower Web browser's security to access Centricity web ONLY ONCE per PC. Once the Active X controls have been downloaded, the user may return to Internet options, Security, Custom Level and change their security settings if desired.